At Bixa Botanical we understand that privacy matters to our customers and we take a number of steps to ensure your private information is protected. The following policy is intended to inform you about what type of information is being gathered and how it is used. If you have any questions, please contact us What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to one of our email lists or respond to a survey. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you will be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, billing and shipping address, phone number and credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve our customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support your needs.
- To process transactions.
- To send periodic emails and mailings. The email address you provide when you place your order may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional Bixa Botanical special offers, Ayurvedic educational information, updates, related product or service information, etc. Mailing addresses may be used to send you catalogs, special offers or related product or service information.
- Note: Most emails come with a link that allows you to quickly unsubscribe at any time. Emails that directly support your order, like order and shipping confirmations, do not come with unsubscribe options.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. When you place an order we offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. However, please be advised that even the best security measures cannot fully eliminate all risks. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you do not wish to have web cookies placed on your computer you should set your browser to refuse web cookies before accessing our website, with the understanding that certain features of the website may not function properly without the aid of web cookies. Website users who refuse web cookies assume all responsibility for any resulting loss of functionality.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website (such as our hosting service), conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. For example, we may share your name and address with UPS in order to see that your order is delivered. We may also release your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or to protect our or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. An example of this would be when we use a service that gathers statistics about the number of times pages on our website are visited or the number of clicks certain ads receive.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under the age of 13, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides personal information through the Website represents to us that he or she is 13 years of age or older.